Brazil stands at the dawn of an exciting age and has a major role to play; not only from a national and regional standpoint, but also on the world stage. To achieve goals of sustainable intensification, collaboration between the ministries, the public sector and the private sector is required. This Summit will ensure that all of these goals are aligned for the betterment of Brazilian agriculture, with the wider goal of feeding our growing global population.Download agenda (pdf)
Opening statements from The OCB, AproSoja and Embrapa
How banks, private companies and the government can collaborate to ensure the improvement of Brazilian agriculture with the help of Private-Public Partnerships, increasing investment and reducing risk.
Product Innovation Showcase IPESA
This session will look at the latest information on Biocontrol research, recent innovations and the potential and challenges for the adoption of Biocontrol in Brazil. (Product Showcase)
Exploring the improvement of farming incomes through the proper use of cooperatives, education and mechanisation.
Moderator: Lessandro Carvavlho (Sub-Editor SAFRAS & Mercado News)
Discussing strategies to implement comprehensive farm management by optimising returns on inputs while preserving resources. (Product Showcase)
– Jeff Keiser (VP Vendas e Marketing, ITERIS)
– Alberto Carlos Campos Bernarndes (Precision Farming Embrapa)
Moderator: Gabriel Colle (Executive Director, SINDAG)
Utilising aerial imagery and remote sensing data to influence farm management decisions affecting crop inputs. (Product Showcase)
– Nate Taylor (Sales and New Business Manager, AEROPTIC)
– Luciano da Silveira Araújo (Managing Director ELIO TECNOLOGIA and Menthor MIT)
Moderator: Lúcio André Castro Jorge (Coordinator EMBRAPA DRONES)
16:00 Pest and Disease Resistance and Management
How Brazil is progressing in this program and effective performance of degraded pasture areas? What actions and complementary policies are necessary to accelerate this program?
The latest on the government policies that will enable progress for local and global food security, including the prevention of rural-to-urban migration.
– Yelitza Colmenarez (Director CABI)
– Sérvio Tulio Prado (FGV Coordinator, Director ELIO TECNOLOGIAS)
– Tadeu Felismino (Director, IAPAR)
Moderator: Donário Lopes de Almeida (CEO, CANAL RURAL BROADCASTING)
Technological advances in storage will help to reduce waste in the post-harvest stage. In storage, considerable quantitative losses can be attributed to pests and micro-organisms. This is a particular problem in Brazil, with average temperatures of around 30 °C and ambient humidity of between 70 and 90 per cent. Farmers constantly battle with these conditions, since they are conducive to the reproduction of insect pests and microorganisms.
– Sérgio Bortolozzo (President, ABRAMILHO)
– Paulo Carneiro (Director COMIGO/OCB)
– Daniel Goulart (General Manager, AG GROWTH, AGI Brazil)
Moderator: Lessandro Carvalho (Sub-Editor SAFRAS & Mercado News)
Overcoming the challenges facing mass adoption of crop inputs (Product Showcase)
– Thiago Stella (Director Brazil, ILSA)
– Fábio Agnolon (Manager Global Sales, SICIT 2000)
– Yelitza Colmenarez (Diretora CABI)
– Marcos Scarellis (Commercial Director Latam – ISAGRO)
Moderator: Mark Horn (Consulter Agribusiness)
This panel will discuss the restrictions on access to credit, insurance, as well as
the challenges with inward investment and the access to financial resources for
– Marina Grossi (President, CEBDS)
– Rick Torken (CEO Brazil, ABN Amro)
– Gunther Knak (Agribusiness Manager, BANCO DO BRASIL)
– José Cullen (Head of Agribusiness Latam, SwissRe)
Moderator: Lessandro Carvalho (SAFRAS & Mercado News)
The Brazilian government is dedicated to providing fundamental agricultural solutions; with a focus on low carbon emissions, yield and sustainability as the key objectives for sustainable intensification. Can these three pillars successfully support Brazilian agriculture?
– Elvison Nunes Ramos (Nacional Coordinador, Plano ABC)
– Tiago Pellini (Director, IAPAR)
– Marcelo Weyland Vieira (VP, Sociedade Rural Brasileira – SRB)
– Julio Salton (Senior Researcher EMBRAPA-MAPA)
Moderator: Mark Horn (Consulting Agribusiness)
This panel focuses on the best practices in the soil analysis discipline, with agronomists, farmers and academia offering their insights on soil health, evading nutrient deficiencies and optimising soil pH. These discussions are designed to help maximise the effectiveness of crop inputs. (Product Showcase)
Moderator: Daniel de Abreu (Coordinator UFMT)
The price of Brazilian commodities in the Brazilian stock market, and by extension the final prices for farms in Brazil, are dictated by the level of trust in the Brazilian market. In which ways can we make the Brazilian Stock Exchange more attractive to potential investors?
Brazil’s economic health is closely linked to the influence of agro-commodities on a global scale, but the strict relationship between physical and technical markets (stock price and commodity value) also plays its part.
Innovation Product Showcase: MagGrow
Bertrand Wanclik (Agribusiness analyst leader, BLOOMBERG)
Consolidating status and discussing strategies, as well as evaluating water resource management in intensifying production systems. (Product Showcase)
– Jonh Celenza (Manager, Weather Underground)
– Everardo Mantovani (Coordinator, UFV)
– Jorge Werneck (VP EMBRAPA CERRADO AND MAMBER ABRH)
Moderator: Helvecio Saturnino (President ABID)